Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Malbec

For some reason, I always forget that CVS on the Missouri side sells wine, beer and booze.  Love that! Are these wines the most incredible wines you can find.. No!  BUT, there's always a diamond in the rough and they are cheap + always on sale.  Ran in the other night for a few items and walked out with 3 different bottles to taste including an incredible Malbec by Layer Cake for $12.99 (on sale $8 off)  I actually remember having this wine recommended to me at a Las Vegas restaurant 5 years ago and recall  really enjoyed it.  Big, smooth, spicy, and a little chewy!  If you like Malbecs I think you will be hard pressed to find a better Malbec for the money.  In fact, I'd now buy this over Catena. And day 2 .. This wine is even tastier (which goes a long way in my book)   Definitely worth checking out.  Cheers and Merry Xmas!

1 comment: